I went to my first workout of the year. Thankfully, it wasn't crowded. I was afraid that there were going to be a lot of newcomers for the new year. After my workout, I was tired and I didn't feel like cooking. So, I ran to our favorite Chinese restaurant for some take-out. We hadn't had it in a while and I had been craving it; so, I thought, "What the heck?!" I got it home and we started eating and it was bad. And by bad, I mean awful. At first, I thought it was just me, but then Fred asked me if it tasted weird. Well, I guess I learned my lesson. Four days into my resolution and I've only cooked once. Now, it's time to get back on track.
Since one of my resolutions was to cook more, I decided to participate in today's "Ten on Tuesday" hosted by Chelsea at Roots and Rings.
1. Are there any movies that inspire you to bake/cook?
"Julie & Julia" made me want to cook, but since I didn't finish watching it until 11pm; so, I decided that it was too late.
2. What’s your favorite food blog and why?
Well, I have one, Cookbook Jungle, so, I am partial to that, but I usually get great recipes from What's for Dinner, A Day in the Life, Sugar and Spice and Simple~But~Delicious.
3. Who’s your favorite celebrity chef?
Rachael Ray. I just love her! And everything I've tried of her's has been delicious. I always love some EVOO!
4. What’s your favorite kitchen tool?
The microwave. I seriously do not know how people lived without one.
5. When it comes to cooking/baking, what’s your specialty?
I'm not sure that I have a specialty. I have to have a recipe and from there, I can cook, but without a recipe, I am out of luck.
6. When in the kitchen, do you wear an apron, if so, any cute ones you’d like to share?
I usually wear an apron if I plan on getting a little messy, which tends to happen often. My mom got me a cute apron last Christmas. I wish I had a pic on here.
7. Is there anything that intimidates you when it comes to baking/cooking?
If I don't know what the word is or where you find the item in the grocery store, I skip it. I am too scared. Plus, I am a picky eater and I get a little scared of things I don't know.
8. What’s the weirdest gadget in your kitchen?
I don't have anything weird. My kitchen is typical.
9. What’s your go-to music for cooking/baking?
When I am cooking, I usually have the television on in the background. I usually have it on the news, but I should probably try the Food Network instead.
10. After several failures, what do you do to motivate yourself to get back in the kitchen to try again?
Thankfully, I haven't had several failures. Maybe one or two. Or maybe because I don't cook that much. But, I would just try something new!
And I will go ahead and admit that I don't cook on Tuesdays or Thursdays. It's supposed to snow here on Thursday; so, Buffalo Wild Wings and "The Biggest Loser" may move to tonight! I can't wait for the new season!!!