I know it's true.
Here's this weeks schedule:
Sunday 3/11: 4 mile run (9:15 pace)
Monday 3/12: 2 mile run (8:32 pace)
Tuesday 3/13: 4.5 mile run (9:11 pace)
Wednesday 3/14: Rest Day - I know we'll be traveling and at the game
Thursday 3/15: 2 mile run
Friday 3/16: Rest Day
Saturday 3/17: 2 mile run
**all workouts are subject to change
Since I'll be out of town this week/weekend, I'll be packing my running shoes and some outfits. I did it when I went to Miami and I actually pulled them out, put them on and ran. When did I become this person? So, my plan is to try and do the same wherever I may be.
Here are my 5 tips for training while traveling:
1. Pack your stuff. Now don't go overboard, but pack a few things. It'll make you more inclined to workout if you see your clothes.
2. Train in the morning. You're more likely to train at the beginning of your day. Get up while the others snooze, throw on your clothes, and get going. You can always nap by the pool or on the beach in the afternoon.
3. Take the scenic route. If you're somewhere warm and safe, run outside. You can easily map a route with your computer or phone before you start going. I did this along South Beach and it was amazing.
4. Pamper Yourself. If you workout, reward yourself with a massage, facial, mani/pedi or a frosty beverage.
5. Don't stress. You're on vacation. You don't have to do everything you planned. The road and/or the treadmill will be waiting for you when you get home!