Although my 30th birthday is now 6 months away, I found this fun little article about 10 things every woman should have by the age of 30. And I wanted to see just how close I was to crossing these off of my list.
Here's what you should have accomplished or attained on your journey to 30:
1. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by a friend or family member.
Check. A few years ago, we purchased 2 arm chairs. I love these chairs.
2. A small circle of friends you can trust with anything.
Check. I've never been one to have a million friends, but I am surrounded by a small circle of wonderful people.
3. The knowledge of whether you want to have children or not.
Check. I think we all know the answer to this.
4. Something impractical and expensive that you bought for yourself just because you wanted it.
To Do. I buy small things for myself, but maybe I'll splurge on a designer purse or jewelry just for moi!
5. A great resume.
Check. Since I've been at my current job almost 8 years, I don't think I need one, but you never know.
6. A daily routine for your beauty needs.
Check. The amount of products have increased through the years, but I'll keep throwing my pennies into the fountain of youth.
7. An exercise plan that you stick to for fitness, health, and long-term maintenance.
Check. Running and Pure Barre. Two of my great loves.
8. One stamp in your passport.
Check. We love to travel and can't wait to collect more.
9. A past filled with juicy stories to tell in your old age.
Check. No comment.
10. Control of your finances and a savings account you add money to each month.
Check. Check. Check.
I must say that I am proud of my accomplishments thus far. Maybe turning 30 in 6 months won't be so bad after all.
How did you add up?