Life in the adoption world has not slowed down. I really feel like these types of posts should be like "bump dates" since so much happens from week to week.
I actually think we have more going on right now that we did when we were gathering pictures and writing articles. But, here's what we've been up to:
1. Our individual interviews and in-home part of the home study are complete. We're just waiting on our social worker to complete her report and for us to read through it for the first time.
2. Our biggest task this week was getting life insurance (one of the things no one tells you). Check.
3. Our profile with our agency has been moved into the "design" stage. This means they accepted the 86 photos we sent in and the 9 articles about our lives. We should get our first look at our print and online profiles in the next week or two.
4. Our agency mailed us the camera for the video portion of our profile. We will have the camera for a month. Now, we're busy trying to figure out where to film, what to say, and what to wear (maybe the last one is just me).
5. We're researching everything baby! Please ignore the 100+ baby pins a day on Pinterest.
All still seems on track to become "active" in September. We just keep praying everything stays on course. And you know I'll be sure to keep you posted.