As you know, I love Pure Barre and running. The two may sound completely different, but they work well together.
Pure Barre has helped me improve my running in ways I didn't think possible. Here are some examples of how I've noticed a difference:
- I have more lean muscle.
- I am more flexible and able to stretch deeper, especially before and after runs.
- I am more aware of my body and my positioning.
- My balance and coordination have improved, especially in the core region.
- It's helped make me breathe deeper and slower thus helping me on my runs.
- My arms are more toned which help make trying to run faster a bit easier than before.
Now these are just things that have worked for me, but if you're thinking about ways to improve your running, try a yoga, pilates or barre class.