Next Wednesday, I will celebrate my 30th birthday, so I thought it would be fun to share 30 things I’ve learned over the last 30 years. Thirty is a foreign number to me and such a strange age. I don’t feel old, but I’m certainly not all that young anymore. I feel like I've learned a lot but I know there’s still so much to learn. But for now, here's my 30 year old wisdom...
2. I'm not lucky, I'm fortunate.
3. Patience is a virtue, but it's my weakest trait.
4. Change is the only thing that's constant.
5. Love you're family. They're the best thing you've got.
6. Never stop learning.
7. Your opinion is your own.
8. There's a fine line between confident and cocky.
9. Think before you act.
10. Be kind. You never know what the person next to you is dealing with.
11. Write your own love story.
12. Never take life for granted.
13. Thank God for what you have today and pray for the things you desire.
15. Friendships are a two-way street.
16. Live for today. You might never see tomorrow.
17. It's ok to still act like a kid from time to time, but you must also know when to grow up.
18. Thirty is far from OLD.
19. Finding focus is hard, but it's critical for success.
20. You are beautiful, but the majority of your beauty comes from the inside.
21. Do what makes YOU happy.
22. 4am is only a time on the clock you should see when you get up in the middle of the night to pee, let your dog out or to feed a baby.
23. Nothing good happens after midnight.
24. Wine can solve problems. Sometimes.
25. Make your dreams worth fighting for.
26. Clear bra straps and clear shoes are never a good fashion choice.
27. Marry your best friend.
28. Sweat at least once a day.
29. A smile is the best makeup you can wear.
30. The future is going to happen. Stop worrying about it.
Can you relate to any of these?
I'm actually very excited to see what my thirties hold. The twenties were good, but I plan on making my thirties even better!