1. Schedule it. Make a plan to work out certain days of the week. Knowing when you have a day off or when you'll be at the gym will help you set your schedule so you make time for yourself.
2. Lay out your workout clothes and gear the night before. You'll be prepared when you arrive at the gym and they'll be no excuse.
3. Make a plan. Do your research and make a plan for your time at the gym. I go knowing exactly how many miles I'll run and about how long it will take me to do it.
4. Buddy Up. Make plans to meet a friend at the gym. A buddy helps keep you accountable.
5. Consider a workout you have to pay for. Paying for a gym membership or a specific type of workout class will help you stay accountable. Why would anyone want to waste money in this economy?
6. Challenge Yourself. Go a quarter of a mile further on Fridays or do 20 more push ups. You can do it. You won't die.
7. Take a class. If you don't know what to do at the gym, take a class and just get moving. Most gyms offer free workout classes to members. Try everything once. You might find a new workout that you love.
8. Reward Yourself. On Wednesdays, I like to start by Subway and indulge in an egg white sandwich. It's my mid-week reward for getting up and working out.
9. Take baby steps. Just get moving. Start with one day a week and work up to two. You don't need to become a gym rat overnight.
10. Write it down. You can also keep track of your workouts with Daily Mile. They even have a widget to link to your blog to keep you accountable. I know it makes me feel good to see my number of workouts increase.
What tips do you have for getting to the gym?